Monday, December 12, 2011

Strasbourg Christmas Market (France)

I was asked by my neighbor (and friend) Tara if I'd like to go on the Strasbourg Christmas Market Tour through RTT. SURE!! Sounds like a great time to me!

On the bus I met Julie, Heather and Jamie...all cool chicks. Let's face it...as soon as I found out Jamie was from Minnesota (don't worry...she's a Packer fan) and recently owned a house in Hudson, WI...I knew it was going to be a fun day :-)

It was a little rainy but we made the best of it! What a neat city. The bus dropped us off in a bus area outside of town and we took a 5 minute train ride into the market area.
Julie, Tara, Jamie, Me
There was a second market outside the Notre Dame Cathedral. It's a "Must-See"...especially at Christmas time. There were children inside singing, numerous Nativity scenes, people lighting candles...awesome!
Notre Dame Cathedral

The city streets were decorated...everywhere you looked there was a feeling of Christmas

I came home with a belly full of pastries and gluwein, some new friends and these beautiful candles...
The white candle is a Christmas Market scene
Hope to get together with these ladies again soon. We had a great time. BTW, Jamie has a super cute blog with great ideas...check it out here: DelightfullyCoconuts

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! I am not sure if I ever saw this post. And I HATE that pic of me in that coat..omg!

    ReplyDelete