Thursday, November 1, 2012

Pumpkins and Halloween

We finally carved our pumpkins. I have to admit...it's not my favorite thing to do. I always think I'm going to get super creative and carve some soft of crazy Halloween scene into my pumpkin but then just end up with your standard jack-o-lantern with triangle eyes and a jig-jaggy mouth. This year we hit a cold spell the few days leading up to Halloween...it was so cold I kind of rushed the kids through the whole thing this year. I feel sort of bad about that but hey, I don't think they really noticed...they we're cold too.

It was actually getting pretty dark outside but I adjusted my camera so you could see the boys
Ryan's playing around here...although if it were a pumpkin made of sugar he probably would eat it.
We're at my our neighbors, The Woelkers'...great group of kids!

Ryan is a traditionalist...
Dylan went for a "Minecraft" theme...
We went trick-or-treating on base...it's really the best place to go being that German's don't celebrate Halloween. Although, some German kids have caught on so you'll get a few knocks on your door from them, often without a costume, asking for some candy or their American neighbor will take them on base so they can experience "Beggar's Night". They say the base gets some 7,000 trick-or-treaters every year...crazy! The Severt's live on base now so we went to their house early and secured our parking spots.
Ryan is "Jake the Dog" from "Adventure Time". Dylan was supposed to be "Finn the Human" but changed his mind a couple of days ago and went as a werewolf.
Brenna, Brooke, Ryan, Dylan and Maddie
Yep, I dressed up...the boys asked me to...It's kind of fun :D
The rest of Ryan's "Adventure Time" family showed up to trick-or-treat...
 All the kids are ready...
The weather held up...it got a little cold but no rain so we were happy about that. Ryan was the first to say "I think I have enough candy...I'm ready to go back now." Dylan ran off to "Trunk-or-Treat" for a little bit but by 7:15 we we're ready to head home.

:D

3 comments:

  1. Everyone looks so cute and happy! Great Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's was a great Halloween. You never know what to expect in Germany but the weather really held up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treat that your family was able to celebrate Halloween in Germany!

    I was thrilled when I found out there would be trick or treating in our neighborhood in Singapore (since it's mostly filled with Americans). And, it was nice when I saw how the American holiday caught on with a few locals. We saw a few Singaporean kids trick or treating in the neighborhood.

    Anyways, hope the rest of your holidays this year are just as fun as your Halloween!

    Cheers,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete