Monday, October 22, 2012

Fall Hike in Potzberg

It's fall in Germany and this week the trees are at peak foliage. The weather was perfect for a family hike. We live just a few minutes drive from Potzberg where there are some great trails.
On our way we met a friend from the park.

Look out!
Dad messin' around with the huge mushroom
Gabe takes the camera
It wasn't the clearest day but I love the windmills
Trying a serious pose...HA!
I was playing with my camera settings and got this effect.
This couple spoke English. They showed us which mushroom you can eat.
He had a bag full of them. Just cook them in olive oil and garlic they said.
Perfect trails fro running, hiking, walking, biking.
Entry to the Wild Animal Park
View from the road
Wish it had been a little clearer.
Don't eat these! Very poisonous....but they look so cool.


3 comments:

  1. Dang, it is sooo pretty here right now. I don't remember this time last year. I think I was in a total funk.

    Like the family pic with Mia in it...too bad somebody wasn't there to get you in that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the fall...so glad we got out there to get these photos. I believe this week is peak for foliage. I'll have to remember my tripod next time.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I miss Germany SO much!

    ReplyDelete