Monday, December 17, 2012

Marrakech, Morocco (Pt.3)

This is the mosque located in the area where Abdul grew up. 

This place was featured on show with Jamie Oliver...
This gentleman showed him how to cook a few local dishes...
Abdul took this photo of me...
The detail is amazing...

Sheeps legs, grilled liver and bread...YEP, I ate it and it was delicious!
I didn't know I liked liver until I ate this...
After we ate we washed our hands in the sink in the kitchen...with Tide...I had never used Tide to wash my hands before but it works well and keeps your hands nice and soft.
A local dyer and one cool dude...
Some tile work...
A typical shop inside the souks...
Material found in the handicraft section of the souks...
I was beat. It was a long day and I was in sensory overload! I needed a few hours by the pool before I needed to pack up for my flight the next day. I cannot say it enough what a great decision it was to hire a guide. Do not let the concierge book your guide unless you want to end up spending the whole day shopping.  I learned so much about this great city and can say that after just 2 days...I am in love.
Like I said...I was beat...
Gabe met me at the pool...
What an amazing trip. I've been to Africa! How cool is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment